Miniature X-ray Source
The Miniature X-ray Source, an innovative technology developed by AET, can accelerate electron beams in a high-gradient electric field by a miniature X-ray tube, to produce X-rays. The Miniature X-ray Source consists of a high-voltage short pulse generator and a miniature X-ray tube with a carbon nanotube cathode, which has been developed using high-voltage and ultra-short pulse technology.
Applications include usage in medical treatment, research and industry such as non-destructive inspection. Because of its small size, the Miniature X-ray Source has enabled whole new applications. It is also possible to extract only electron beams through a vacuum thin film.
- Flexible X-ray radiation
- Easy handling via pulse operation
- Stable electron emission by using a field emission carbon nanotube
- Easier and safer management without the need of radio isotope
- A wide range of new applications possible
|Beam Voltage||Continuously variable|
|Pulsewidth||250nsec - 5μs|
|X-ray Tube Internal Diameter||8mm|
* Please contact us for the necessary X-ray specifications.
* Patent No. 3090910
* An electron beam accelerator and a transmission cable are consumable supplies.